Friday, January 21, 2011

It's been a while

Well, the last time I posted was last year.

Okay, things seem to be moving on all around, although not much seems to have changed thanks to Zero's plan it may help in the long run. I hope.

My 'Rock' has started rolling on its own accord and I daresay, needs no more prodding. I'm most interested how this will work out.

But back to local affairs - Adrian and I have visited Brian on the year's first weekend and I have to say, I probably never will see a room so multicultural - protective charms from almost every possible source, amongst them a very ornate Celtic Cross, a simple Ankh (although I can't fathom how a life symbol would be helpful), Fuda charms (Brian apparently found a the only Shinto priest in the city and had him put them up) and a piece of hay bound with red string. I approve, I use red string myself.
Too boot, he wears an old iron horseshoe under his clothes. I never imagined his neck would be able to support a horseshoe.
He theorizes, as some others have already, that TPF is something akin to a faery, and only ways to deal with faerys are either evasion, for wich it is too late anyway, and making a VERY good deal, which, I believe, is impossible to make with Slendy, since we have no leverage. So much for the folklore/mythology front.

In the meantime I decided to recreate prank #4 and start work on #6. Since the Christmas/Solstice season is over I'm gonna abandon the miniature Christmas tree in favour of a pineapple, also I'll require some thick wire (as in wire-fence thick wire, not ethernet thick wire) some colorful rags and maybe a few sparklers. Anybody who is going to ask what I intend to do with this, as Adrian has, doesn't understand that there's only so many things you can do with a pineapple and wire.
#6 is pretty straightforward, though, but I'll need some portable amplifying equipment and perhaps an adequate tracklist. Any suggestion on what to get for either of these? I've got no experience with sound equipment beyond headphones for my Iriver and speakers and headset for my PC. As for the music I will try some Christmas themed ones (I know it's post season, which made me alter #4, but still) which includes 'The Carol of the Old Ones', the Annie Lennox version of 'God rest ye Merry Gentlemen' and 'Tannenbaum'.
It's been a while since I sang that last one, so I might actually do.

Also, I've been considering starting up an audio log, just recording any thoughts or occurrences that I deem relevant. Would anyone be interested? Or perhaps suggest a place to put up the logs, since I doubt blogspot works well with audio files.

Stay safe,
Maduin

15 comments:

  1. Pineapple and wire...pineapple and wire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Since the Christmas/Solstice season is over I'm gonna abandon the miniature Christmas tree in favour of a pineapple, also I'll require some thick wire (as in wire-fence thick wire, not ethernet thick wire) some colorful rags and maybe a few sparklers."

    ...What? Noodle Implement much? o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again.

    Well Ulryc from Dare2Die has been putting them up on tumblr and then linking his tumblr with the files on his blog. Just a possibility.

    ~Eternally Anonymous~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pineapple and thick wire... frankly I don't think I want to know what you plan on doing, all I can think of are incredibly perverted things that I'd rather not speak of on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, the bunny is back! Glad to see you again, Maduin. I've gotta say, I personally think you're idiotically suicidal, but I love your style.

    *chuckles* Pineapple and wire. Huh. now I'm even more curious as to what the original "Christmas Tree" version would have been like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cindy - Vocaroo seems a nice way to keep an audio log, but I'd rather have some way to upload audio I record elsewhere than home.

    @Anon - I don't like tumblr.

    @Jekyll - thanks. Also, it would be the same, except with a Christmas tree instead of a pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what you intend to do with this pineapple, but I'm kind of excited to find out.
    I almost want to run outside and go find him just to try some of these things, but I'm not that brave.

    Also, nice to meet you Maduin. You ballsy, suicidal, amusing bunny-man. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Noble Maduin, would you honor us all and join the Keeper Alliance?

    We need someone of your caliber to lead us.

    A former Sage is someone we really need right about now.


    -Jeff
    The Keeper

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Branwen - thanks for the compliments.

    @Jeff - In the words of many a great scholar: what?
    1. I'm not the leader type, sorry.
    2. Last time I worked with people on this it blew up in their faces.
    3. Caliber?
    4. Former?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see that you're back! Here are some German Christmas Carols:
    "So viel Heimlichkeit in der Weihnachtszeit" (which is ridiculously cute)
    "Leise rieselt der Schnee"
    "Schneeflöckchen Weißröckchen" (this is a bit less christmas-related and more of a winter-song)
    "Kling, Glöckchen, Klingelingeling"
    "Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht"
    "Alle Jahre wieder"
    "Am Weihnachtsbaum die Lichter brennen"
    "Fröhliche Weihnacht überall"
    "Süßer die Glochen nie klingen"

    Those are the ones which come straight to my mind. You can find the lyrics and some more here, although the others seem to focus less on christmas itself then on religious or other content. Stille Nacht has a similar problem, but it's used frequently, thus might be more effective.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (On the site you can click on "Anhören" under the songs to listen to them - just realised that myself, sorry for the double post)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So obviously you're good at thinking outside of the box, so you've probably already thought of these, but may I throw in some suggestions?
    You've given him a $20 bill, how about offering him a cigarette or a joint? Or a sandwich? (in case he has the munchies after the joint, of course)
    You put a mask on him and he freaked out a little, does the type of mask matter? Does he react differently to a George W. Bush mask vs. a Barack Obama mask?
    If it's winter where you are, could you build him a snowman? Or throw a snowball at him?
    Fight one memetic monster with another - ask him how magnets work?
    Ask him for directions. Take in up to the next level by pretending you're a foreigner, complete with accent.
    You know what you're doing better than I do, just thought I'd throw out some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coming in a little late to the commenting here, but I would definitely want to hear any audio files you want to set up. Especially if you were able to get any audio of the pranks. Good luck with the pineapple prank, I'm all giggling in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just introduced to your wonderful blog, Maduin. I still can't stop laughing over the pranks. Truly can't wait for the pineapple. And I agree, I would love to hear any of your future audio files.

    -Lucien

    ReplyDelete